As an Amazon Influencer, we earn from qualifying purchases you might make if you click any of the links on this page.
Updated Jan 5, 2022
BEST CLASSIC MECHANICAL KEYBOARD
BEST BUDGET MECHANICAL KEYBOARD
|-Redragon Mechanical Switches with 60±15g actuation force, Anti-ghosting 104 keys RGB mechanical keyboard. N-KEY ROLLOVER
-50 million keystroke life span
-RGB customizable backlighting with 16 million customizable color options
-Cable management organizer
-Gold Plated USB interface
-Systems supported: Windows10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows VISTA, etc
|-Key switch/Number of keys : Cherry MX Brown Switch (tactile feel)/87 keys , US ASCII key arrangement
-Key pitch/Key stroke : 19mm/4 0.5mm , Cable length : 1.5m
-Interface : PS/2,USB (PS/2 interface is available with PS/2 Conversion Adapter)
-Accessories: Windows key (Printing on front face type), FILCO Key Puller
|-87 standard conflict free keys, 12 multimedia keys, and splash-proof design
-8 different Game Modes, 2 user defined Game Modes, 6 colors, multiple brightness levels, adjustable breathing speed and breathing mode
-2 multimedia keyboard keys and a Non-Slip Ergonomic, splash-proof Design
-PC Compatibility: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, Limited Mac OS keyboard support
|-Sound pleasure: Produces a clicking sound that will satisfy most users
-Made of waterproof material
-Feels comfortable with palm and wrist support
-Compatible with most Windows OS versions
-N-Key Rollover feature makes each keypress efficient
-More quiet than other keyboard models
-Easy to install
|-Designed for multiple purposes with conflict-free keys and multimedia keys guaranteed to ease up any typing and gaming action
-Keypads are responsive to touch; transmits data efficiently to the computer
-Tough design combined with minimalist style makes it compatible with several kinds of use
|-Some keys may stick to the base over time
-Accompanying software may not work on some computers
|-Heavier than other keyboards
-Stabilizers may not be as sturdy and firm as a holder compared with others in the market
-Key size may be small for some users
|-Not as durable as other expensive keyboards
-Malfunctions such as glitching, wrong key-to-symbol processing, and mechanical de-bounce may occur
-Keyboard chatter and unintended double-pressing may also happen
When looking for the best buy mechanical keyboard, you need to go beyond looks. Sure, the mechanical keyboard that you’re eyeing in a nearby electronics store looks futuristic and fantastic, but will it deliver the functionality that you need? Spend your money wisely, by reading this review and buying guide on the best mechanical keyboards available this season.
Mechanical Keyboard vs. Ordinary PC Keyboard
Sure, they both work pretty much the same – you press a key, and a response is generated by the PC. That’s where the similarity ends. Here are just some of the differences between a traditional PC keyboard and a mechanical keyboard:
- Tactile response: Mechanical keyboards have a more prominent crunchy sound that some people like to hear.
- Noise: Most mechanical keyboards are louder than PC keyboards, which may irk people near you but may sound absolutely satisfying for you.
- Weight: Mechanical keyboards are sturdy and they won’t slide around the table.
- Durability: Because of its heavy built, a best buy mechanical keyboard should last a lot longer than flimsy PC keyboards.
TOP 5 BEST BUY MECHANICAL KEYBOARDS
- Redragon Mechanical Switches with 60±15g actuation force, Anti-ghosting 104 keys RGB mechanical keyboard. N-KEY ROLLOVER
- 50 million keystroke life span
- RGB customizable backlighting with 16 million customizable color options
- Cable management organizer
- Gold Plated USB interface
- Systems supported: Windows10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows VISTA, etc
This keyboard by popular gaming accessories company Redragon has a lot in store for its users. For starters, it allows users to press multiple keys without malfunctioning through its N-KEY Rollover.
It also allows flexible and convenient gaming experience through its Outemo switch. With the Outemo feature, a user can enjoy a taste of fast-responding clicks and pleasing crunch sound.
Durability is also at its finest with the Redragon K557 KAlA RGB Backlit Waterproof Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. It has been tested to last up to 50 million keystrokes, and it’s designed to have a small actuation force and short travel.
The visual appeal of this keyboard is worth noting, as it has special double-shot injection-molded keycaps. In addition to that, it has a metal base and ABS Keys, which make it more durable right on its base. Its waterproof built protects it from spills while gaming.
The keyboard is fitted with a gold-plated USB interface to secure a fast, seamless and stable data transfer.
Comfort is never a problem while using this Redragon keyboard. It has palm and wrist support to guarantee relaxation as you use it.
Flexibility is also one of the keyboard’s selling factors, since it can work with many computer operating systems – Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and many others.
Once purchased, the buyer will receive the gaming keyboard itself, a keycap puller, a manual, 8 free switches, a warranty card and a CD.
- Sound pleasure: Produces a clicking sound that will satisfy most users
- Durable: tested to last up to 50 million keystrokes; built with metal base
- Visually pleasing: double-shot injection-molded keycaps
- Made of waterproof material
- Feels comfortable with palm and wrist support
- Compatible with most Windows OS versions
- Some keys may stick to the base over time
- Accompanying software may not work on some computers
Filco Majestouch-2, Tenkeyless, NKR, Tactile Action, USA Keyboard FKBN87M/EB2 – Best Classic Mechanical Keyboard
- Key switch/Number of keys : Cherry MX Brown Switch (tactile feel)/87 keys , US ASCII key arrangement
- Key pitch/Key stroke : 19mm/4 0.5mm , Cable length : 1.5m
- Interface : PS/2,USB (PS/2 interface is available with PS/2 Conversion Adapter)
- Accessories : Windows key (Printing on front face type), FILCO Key Puller
Style and function are rolled into one with the Filco Majestouch-2, Tenkeyless, NKR, Tactile Action, USA Keyboard.
Through the True N-Key Rollover, you can press any key simultaneously and still have optimum results. These are all recognized in the PS2/port.
In addition to that, you can also guarantee style and durability of the hardware, all thanks to the rigid case construction to provide the most comfortable typing experience. The keys hardly fade overtime and will still look as new and classy even after months of use. These features guarantee that the product will last for a long time.
As for its weight and dimensions, it can be quite heavy and large compared with the others on the list, but that works perfectly for people who don’t like their keyboards slipping and sliding as they type.
Another feature to love about this product is the MX tactile feel key switch. This feature provides the smooth clicking capacity without the noise it usually generates.
Being well-loved and popular among many users, this best buy mechanical keyboard is already making a name for itself, just like other keyboards with the Cherry MX tactile feel. Its minimalist style adds up to its selling factors and quality.
Installing the Filco Majestouch-2 Keyboard won’t be a problem, since it’s designed for use of both beginners and experts.
- Classic design makes it versatile for different kinds of uses
- N-Key Rollover feature makes each keypress efficient
- Durable: rigid construction, hard-to-erase key labels
- More quiet than other keyboard models
- Easy to install on most gaming PCs
- Heavier than other keyboards
- Stabilizers may not be as sturdy and firm as a holder compared with others in the market
- Key size may be small for some users
Glorious Modular Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – Full Size (104 Key) – RGB LED Backlit, Brown Switches, Hot Swap Switches – Best Buy Mechanical Keyboard Design
- Full size with non-removable braided USB cable
- Full modular, mechanical keys – Compatible with Cherry / Gateron / Kailh switch..
- Gateron Brown (Cherry MX Brown Equivalent)
- Sandblasted Aluminum Faceplate, Raised Keys, No Branding
- 16.8 million color RGB LED Backlighting
Glorious Modular Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – Full Size comes with 400 keys and non-removable braided USB cable. These features are already excellent starters for basic features that are necessary for optimal keyboard functioning.
Buyers will love the mechanical keys presented in this keyboard. Users can easily install and remove any switch (Cherry, Kalih or Gateron). It also comes with Gateron Brown mechanical key switches.
Lights and visually helpful features are also present in this item. The 16.8 million color RGB LED backlighting makes this product visually spectacular. Brightness is adjustable, in order to fit any environment and lighting intensity.
Amidst its colorful visuals, the Glorious Modular Mechanical Gaming Keyboard’s design looks compact, giving it a flare of minimalism and elegance. It has a sandblasted aluminum faceplate and raised keys.
Users will enjoy playing PC games with this keyboard, since it can smoothly transmit data and other movements to the computer.
- Compact but full-sized keyboard with modular mechanical keys
- Minimalist design lets the keyboard fit into any room or environment
- Adjustable color backlighting keeps the product well-adjusted to its surroundings
- Color flashing or inconsistency may occur
- Some keys might produce unpleasant clicking sounds that don’t sound good like other mechanical keyboards
Redragon K552 KUMARA LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – Best Budget Mechanical Keyboard
- 87 standard conflict free keys, 12 multimedia keys, and splash-proof design
- 8 different Game Modes, 2 user defined Game Modes, 6 colors, multiple brightness levels, adjustable breathing speed and breathing mode
- 2 multimedia keyboard keys and a Non-Slip Ergonomic, splash-proof Design
- PC Compatibility: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, Limited Mac OS keyboard support
Enjoy the thrill of having a comfortable and highly efficient keyboard through the Redragon K552 KUMARA LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. It carries a lot of adjustments designed for the comfort and optimal performance of each customer with different needs, whether for visual appeal or functional purpose.
This keyboard presents itself with custom mechanical switches. This translates to a more optimized gaming performance. It has adjustable LED lighting and double shot injection.
Aside from this, you can guarantee durability with the keyboard’s metal and ABS construction, and gold plated USB connector. Its mechanical keys are guaranteed to function efficiently for a long period of time through its medium resistance, tactile feedback and mechanical sounds.
- Designed for multiple purposes with conflict-free keys and multimedia keys guaranteed to ease up any typing and gaming action
- Keypads are responsive to touch; transmits data efficiently to the computer
- Tough design combined with minimalist style makes it compatible with several kinds of use
- Not as durable as other expensive keyboards
- Malfunctions such as glitching, wrong key-to-symbol processing, and mechanical de-bounce may occur
- Keyboard chatter and unintended double-pressing may also happen
Mechanical Keyboard, UtechSmart Mercury RGB Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – Best Buy Mechanical Keyboard for Compatibility
- 2.4GHz wireless connection, with 30 feet/ 10 meters range
- Compatible with Win10/ Win10.1/Win8/ Win7/ Win XP/ Vista/ Linux and later OS.
- Rechargeable batteries: Rechargeable keyboard with two high capacity 2, 000mAh batteries 4, 000mAh) lasts for 40 hours under fully charged ( 5 x 8 hours)
- 104 key gaming circuitry with 12 keys dedicated multimedia controls.
- 5 levels adjustable Red illuminated LED keyboard
This mechanical Keyboard from UtechSmart is tagged as an ideal keyboard for gamers. With its tough exterior and a functional interior, customers have loved this keyboard for a number of features that go beyond gaming.
Blue switches are present in this keyboard, so as to optimize the most immersive tactile typing with pleasing clicking sounds. Despite long gaming hours, this keyboard and its buttons are not going to give up on you.
Another factor to love is its customizable RGB backlit keyboard. Through it, you can customize how you want to see the game, as well as how clear and bright you want it to.
Its compatibility with several versions of Windows is also unlike any other mechanical keyboard. Its 104 non-conflicting keys (which include 12 multimedia keys) allow you to use this product for office work, gaming, and typing tasks.
This keyboard also guarantees no ghost-typing incidents as the manufacturer has assured the quality of each part of the product. Further improving the functions are the fiber cable and gold-plated USB that both contribute to the excellent data transmission from keyboard to computer.
- Customizable features to assure that every need can be covered, regardless of the type or intensity of the demand
- Compatible with several Windows versions
- Adjustable RGB backlight lets the keyboard fit any environment or lighting situation
- Durable construction to make it last for a long period of usage.
- May have some installation issues at the start
- Sharp protruding edges on its aluminum shell may be inconvenient for some people, and may even wound or scratch the user unintentionally.
MECHANICAL KEYBOARD BUYING GUIDE – HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST BUY MECHANICAL KEYBOARD
With overwhelming choices for the best buy mechanical keyboard as well as your changing needs and demands, it is important to figure out which one is the best for you. Listed below are some considerations that you need to keep in mind when choosing the perfect mechanical keyboard:
First off, familiarize yourself with the terms and registers used in the world of mechanical keyboards. Know what each part and feature is called, how they are described, and how they affect the overall performance of the keyboard and the operating system as well.
Mechanical keyboards are structurally different from traditional keyboards found in most electronic shops. It has more sensitive parts, which may sometimes be absent in the usual keyboard products. Some of them may demand a deeper keypress to work, while some would work with just a light touch.
Know where you have to use it and see if there are any characteristics of your planned keyboard to help you meet your needs.
Size and key orientation
For writers, the shorter travel distances are the most efficient for them, given the nature of their work where their fingers need to be speedy. As for gamers, the trend has always been leaning towards hard-press types of mechanical keyboards. Know which size and key functionality will work best for you.
Just as in anything that you buy, be sure to allot a reasonable and realistic budget for the mechanical keyboard you’d like to purchase. Evaluate whether the money you have can afford the keyboard you want.
Some keyboards are quite expensive but carry several features than those with cheaper prices. Meanwhile, some mechanical keyboards may be cheap in terms of price, but have poor quality and features.
All it takes is a more comprehensive research and a few days of evaluation before the actual purchase.
Know your preferred or capably tolerated level of noise. Many experts have repeatedly stressed this to many first-time buyers, even the long-time ones. Your sensitivity to noise will be the basis on which should you buy.
If you prefer quieter environments while working, then go for the less “crunchier” keyboard. If you are fine or even more productive listening to the sounds of the keyboard, then go for a product with loud clicking sounds.
Brand and model
Get in the know with the best brands and models available in the market. Considering the time and money you’ll be spending on these, you need to be more than sure of what you are buying.
Make sure that the keyboard will last a long time and won’t give up on you. Rather than settling for brands with low reputation, it’s better to have your money invested on mechanical keyboards from well-known manufacturers.
Best Buy Mechanical Keyboard For You
Selecting the right mechanical keyboard can be an overwhelming experience, but we hope that our top picks for the best buy mechanical keyboard can help you trim down the choices. Bottom line, it’s your personal preference that will determine whether a particular keyboard is perfect for you.
What do you think? Do you have a new favorite for the best buy mechanical keyboard? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!