|Monitor Model||Price||Our Verdict|
|ASUS 24-inch Full HD FreeSync Gaming Monitor (VG245H) 1080p||$$||Editor’s Pick|
|BenQ ZOWIE 24-inch Full HD Gaming Monitor - 1080p 1ms Response Time for Competitive eSports Gaming||$||Best Budget Monitor|
|Dell Gaming S2716DGR 27.0" Screen LED-Lit Monitor with G-SYNC||$$$$||Best Output Quality|
|Dell Ultrasharp U2417HJ 23.8" Screen LCD Monitor with Wireless Charging Stand||$$$$||Best Multi-Functional Monitor|
|Samsung U28E590D 28-Inch UHD LED-Lit Monitor||$$$||Brightest Monitor|
If you’re searching for the best buy monitors, you’ve come to the right place! For this buying guide, we will be reviewing some of the best and most cost-friendly computer monitors today.
These viewing devices have increased in popularity in recent days, thanks to the rise in demand for PC gaming and graphics design. Some people who are into these things tend to look for monitors designed to provide the best visual spectacle, regardless of the game being played or the video being watched.
Monitors come in various sizes and costs. Choosing from a wide range of best buy monitors means having to consider different factors that provide the best value for gamers and consumers.
Table of Contents
Best Buy Monitors for 2018
Here are some of the highly recommended best buy monitors that you need to check out for yourself:
ASUS 24-inch Full HD FreeSync Gaming Monitor (VG245H) 1080p – Editors Pick
Click here to see reviews and prices for the ASUS 24-inch Full HD FreeSync Gaming Monitor on Amazon
Considered to provide the perfect console gaming experience, the ASUS 24-inch Full HD FreeSync Gaming Monitor [VG245H] is optimal for both casual and competitive gamers. It comes with console-ready dual HDMI ports so you can enjoy super smooth visuals and can keep two devices hooked up.
It has a 75Hz refresh rate, thanks to its AMD FeeSync technology for providing a tear-free experience for fast gameplay with 1ms response time and dual 2W speakers. Asus EyeCare technology, GameVisual, and GamePlus functions make the VG245H well-suited for all gamers of all genres.
The 1ms response time provides a smooth console gaming experience. Meanwhile, the ASUS EyeCare technology with flicker-free filter minimizes eye fatigue.
The ergonomic features of this best buy monitor are evident in its adjustable stand that you can tilt, pivot, or swivel to your preferred viewing angle. It also makes this monitor fit just about any kind of desk or surface.
The product is in keeping with the following standards: Energy Star, BSMI, CB, CCC, CE, CEL level , CU, ErP, FCC, ISO-9241-307, J-MOSS, KCC, PSE, UkrSEPRO, UL/cUL, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7), MEPS, and RCM.
Other key features of ASUS 24-inch Full HD FreeSync Gaming Monitor [VG245H] 1080p include:
- Dimensions: 19.3” x 22.1” x 8.3”
- Weight: 11.2 pounds
- Maximum resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Contrast ratio: 993:1
- Brightness: 250 cd/m²
- Minimized input lag
- Allows you to connect a game console and another HDMI device at the same time
- Smart cable management system
- Super smooth visuals with AMD FreeSync
- Six pre-set display modes to optimize visuals for different types of content
- Ergonomically designed stand lets you find your ideal viewing position
- ASUS Flicker-Free technology prevents eye strain
- Some users found a few dead pixels when used frequently for gaming
BenQ ZOWIE 24-inch Full HD Gaming Monitor – 1080p 1ms Response Time for Competitive eSports Gaming – Best Budget Monitor
Click here to see reviews and prices for the BenQ ZOWIE 24-inch Full HD Gaming Monitor on Amazon
If you are looking for best buy monitors that are affordable, be sure to check out this product. The BenQ ZOWIE 24-inch Full HD Gaming Monitor is used worldwide by professional e-sports players and PlayStation4 users. It is built to give real-time strategy (RTS) players an amazing gaming experience, offering two different display modes designed to make it easier to identify the characters despite visually convoluted games such as DOTA 2.
Its best feature is perhaps its price. At under $200, this monitor by BenQ is easily one of the most cost-friendly products in the market without sacrificing picture quality.
Interestingly, this 24” RL2355HM has a crisp, responsive 1080p screen that can make any type of game or YouTube video look great.
Additionally, BenQ continues to be the official monitor of the Major League Gaming Circuit. Although it is advertised as a monitor designed for RTS games, it also functions well for a variety of game genres that include fast-paced action games, shooters, and fighters.
The design is kept simple, which allows less distraction while playing.
Other key features of BenQ ZOWIE 24-inch Full HD Gaming Monitor include:
- Dimensions: 435mm x 579mm x 189mm
- Weight: 4.1 kg
- Maximum resolution: 1920 x 1080 (75Hz, 60Hz – optimized for console)
- Contrast ratio: 1,000:1
- Brightness: 250 cd/m²
- Cheaper than other best buy monitors
- Black eQualizer increases the visibility in dark scenes without overexposing the bright areas
- Flicker-free technology helps reduce eyestrain
- RL-series LCD frame designed to reduce light reflection from the screen
- Lag-free technology provides real-time response
- Adjustable stand provides personalized viewing angles
- Crisp 1080p picture quality
- Useful presets for RTS games
- No height adjustment
Dell Gaming S2716DGR 27.0″ Screen LED-Lit Monitor with G-SYNC – Best Buy Monitor For Output Quality
Click here to see reviews and prices for the Dell Gaming S2716DGR on Amazon
Expect to lose track of time when playing with the Dell Gaming S2716DGR 27.0″ Screen LED-Lit Monitor’s crisp QHD resolution. It boasts of a rapid refresh rate and NVIDIA G-Sync technology. It’s a bit on the pricey edge, but its amazing features will give you your money’s worth.
This monitor is designed for users to experience super sharp and undistorted moving images with a refresh rate at 144 Hz. This produces jitter-free graphics that reduce motion blur.
Additionally, you can enjoy swift and responsive gameplay with minimum input lag at an extremely rapid 1ms panel response. An absolute gaming console experience with its vivid edge-to-edge gameplay, the crisp QHD resolution of 3,680 million pixels will give you close to two times more details on the screen compared to other Full HD monitors.
With the Dell Gaming S2716DGR 27.0″ Screen LED-Lit Monitor, you can find your ideal viewing position and play for long hours comfortably. You can tilt, swivel and adjust its height anyway you want.
You can also easily connect to a secondary device and other accessories such as a keyboard, mouse, or a pair of headphones. It has a wide range of ports for HDMI 1.4, 4 USB 3.0 downstream ports, and DisplayPort 1.2.
It can easily hook up to your gaming PC via DP1.2 and to another device such as your gaming console using HDMI for instantaneous entertainment options.
Other key features of Dell Gaming S2716DGR 27.0″ Screen LED-Lit Monitor with G-SYNC include:
- Dimensions: 14.3” x 24.1” x 2.2”
- Weight: 22.27 pounds
- Maximum Resolution: QHD 2560 x 1440
- Contrast ratio: 1,000:1
- Brightness: 350 cd/m²
- Perfect monitor for serious gamers and product design lovers
- 1440p resolution allows you to use multiple windows at the same time, effectively like having dual monitors
- Super smooth graphics while gaming (144hz refresh) allow for superfluid and fast movements
- User-friendly interface
- Fast response time paired with the high refresh rate and G-SYNC technology is perfect for fast-paced shooters or RTS games
- Versatile stand
- Uses TN panel, which is more limited than IPS screen technology
- More expensive than other best buy monitors
Dell Ultrasharp U2417HJ 23.8″ Screen LCD Monitor with Wireless Charging Stand – Best Multi-Functional Monitor
Click here to see reviews and prices for the Dell Ultrasharp U2417HJ on Amazon
The Dell Ultrasharp range has been one of the most popular line of monitors for more than 10 years and is definitely among the best buy monitors you need to consider. Dell consistently updates their models by adding new options to the range every year.
Its latest product Dell Ultrasharp U2417HJ 23.8” has a 16:9 aspect ratio and offers a 1920 x 1080 resolution. This LCD monitor has an stylish and functional design, with multiple secondary device ports that come together to create an amazing machine that is perfect for any home.
What’s great about this Dell Ultrasharp monitor is that it has a mobile charging port. Plug in your Qi or PMA-enabled smart phone (or other device) into the charging stand. Your device will be 100% charged through this fantastic feature.
It also has a wide range of ports that you can easily connect to your secondary device: DP/mini-DP, DP-out. 2x HDMI (MHL), 4 x USB3.0 and audio line out ports.
One common feature among the best buy monitors on our list is full adjustability, and this product is no different. You can easily pivot, swivel, or tilt the monitor to the angle and height that you desire for a more comfortable viewing experience.
This monitor provides Full HD resolution at 1920 x 1080 clarity and a refresh rate of 60Hz. Vibrant and consistent colors are also displayed across an ultrawide viewing angle of 178°/178°.
Every monitor is guaranteed to have a 96% sRGB coverage at deltaE<4, thereby ensuring the accuracy of every color. It has an ultrathin bezel on 3 sides of the monitor that create an almost seamless view, offering less distraction and more efficient multi-monitor viewing.
Other key features of Dell Ultrasharp U2417HJ 23.8″ Screen LCD Monitor with Wireless Charging Stand include:
- Dimensions: 21.2” x 7.9” x 16.3”
- Weight: 17.9 pounds
- Maximum Resolution: Full HD (1080p) 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz
- Contrast ratio: 1,000:1
- Brightness: 250 cd/m²
- Wireless charging functionality
- Multiple connections for a wide variety of devices
- Versatility of viewing position and angle
- Thin bezel around all the edges gives it a sleek and sharp design
- High contrast ratio from its IPS-type panel
- More expensive than other items on our list
- OSD software may not be updated
Samsung U28E590D 28-Inch UHD LED-Lit Monitor – Brightest Monitor
Click here to see reviews and prices for the Samsung U28E590D LED-Lit Monitor on Amazon
Talking about best buy monitors, Samsung U28E590D shouldn’t remain unnoticed. This monitor offers a great PV viewing and gaming pleasure with its Ultra HD picture quality. This means that the resolution is at least 4x higher than FULL HD and is able to deliver astonishing images at 8 million pixels.
Its AMD FreeSync has the ability to sync the screen refresh rate with the frame rate of your content to reduce input latency and reduce image tearing and stutter, thereby providing a seamless gaming and viewing experience. The 1ms response time allows you to see fast-on-screen motion more clearly and smoothly with minimal motion blur. With its fast response time, it allows a steady visual thereby creating a higher level of entertainment.
Its main edge over other best buy monitors is its brightness. At 370 cd/m², it’s easily the brightest output of the lot.
Other key features of Samsung U28E590D 28-Inch UHD LED-Lit Monitor include:
- Dimensions: 44” x 26.01” x 7.36”
- Weight: 11.61 pounds
- Maximum resolution: 3840 x 2160
- Contrast ratio: 1,000:1
- Brightness: 370 cd/m²
- Mid-range price for a computer monitor
- Highest level of screen brightness
- Elegant minimalist design, with a fairly narrow bezel.
- Built-in AMD FreeSync technology
- 4K graphics at 60Hz through DisplayPort 1.2
- Excellent performer in color gamut ranges
- TN screen may cause viewing angles to be poorer than those with IPS 4K displays.
- USB port not present
MONITOR BUYING GUIDE – HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST BUY MONITORS
Don’t be easily tricked into buying just any kind of monitor, whether it’s for gaming, movie watching, or office work. They may all look the same, but you need to be very meticulous in finding the perfect display that serves its purpose.
If you’re still confused between the best buy monitors on our list, refer to the following factors so that you can choose which considerations matter to you more.
One of the most important factors to look into when purchasing a monitor is its display resolution. Computer monitors can have the following resolutions:
- 1080p (Full HD)
- 1440p (QHD/2K)
- 2160p (UHD/4K)
The image resolution refers to the detail that an image holds. Therefore, the higher the resolution, the better the image details.
The refresh rate is measured in hertz (Hz). This measures the number of times that the monitor can refresh the displayed image per second. This also determines the number of frames per second that an image can be displayed.
Typical refresh rates in best buy monitors are 60Hz, 144Hz, and 240Hz. Keep in mind that a high refresh rate may not serve its purpose unless your GPU can accommodate the number of frames per second.
There are two types of panel:
- TN (twisted nematic): This supports a faster response time, but poorer image quality.
- IPS (in-plane switching): This offers a better all-around visual quality. This means they can provide a more vibrant and accurate color reproduction.
This is a VESA DisplayPort standard. It synchronizes monitor refresh rate with the frames per second of the video in order to eliminate tearing/input lag.
Pixel Response Time
This is measured in milliseconds and it represents the time a single pixel needs to switch from black to white or to switch between shades of gray.
The lower the response time is, the smoother the camera movements will become. A higher response time, on the other hand, will lead to motion blur since the pixels do not have enough time to switch between color during fast camera movement.
For some users, the screen size is a relatively minor issue. Most modern monitors are available between 22 and 27 inches since these represent a balance in visual clarity and viewing comfort.
Choosing a monitor bigger than 27” means having to play from a distance for a better and more comfortable visual experience. Getting too close to the monitor may affect your eyesight.
There are three important connectors that should be present in the monitor:
- 5mm Audio Out: This is used for connecting headphones or speakers directly to the monitor instead of plugging it to your motherboard’s back panel or the case’s front panel.
- HDMI 1.4/2.0: This does not support refresh rates in higher resolutions as DisplayPort, but it’s viable for mid-range solutions. This port allows transfers of both video and audio.
- DisplayPort 1.4: This is the best choice for video/audio transfer on a PC.
Make it a habit to check the best buy monitors, particularly those that have earned a lot of positive reviews. The difference may boil down to the price but if you think that a particular monitor is worth paying for, then don’t hesitate to purchase it.
Do you agree with our choices for the best buy monitors? Sound off in the comments below!