If you have an interest in the Korg B1SP 88 Key Weighted Keyboard Digital Piano, this review might be worth looking at. It is one of the best digital pianos for both the home and stage performances. In this review, we shall go through the features that make it a popular option in its price range.
Table of Contents
KORG B1SP DIGITAL PIANO SPECIFICATIONS
- 65″ x 13.23″ x 4.61″ (including projections, excluding STB1 optional stand and music stand)
- 65″ x 13.23″ x 29.53″ (including STB1 optional stand and projections, excluding music stand)
- 8 kg / 26.01 Pounds (excluding STB1 optional stand and music stand)
- 2 kg / 44.53 Pounds (including STB1 optional stand, excluding music stand)
- 88 key (A0–C8)
- NH (Natural Weighted Hammer) Keyboard
- Light, Normal, Heavy
- 5 Hz to 452. Hz (.05 Hz steps)
- -6 to +5 semitones (all keys)
- Stereo PCM
- 120 voices (Max)
- 8 (Acoustic x 3, Electric Piano x 2, Harpsichord, Organ x 2)
- Tempo Range (40 BPM–120 BPM)
- Time signature (2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 4/6, none)
- Volume controls
- PHONES (Headphone/Line Out)
- 9 Watt x 2
- Oval (100 mm x 50 mm/3.94″ x 1.97″) x 2
- DC 12 V, AC adapter (included)
- Damper pedal
- AC adapter
- Music stand
- Stand (STB1-BK/WH)
- 3 pedal unit (PU-2)
Note: The PU-2 can be connected to the same pedal jack as used by the included damper pedal.
KORG B1SP DIGITAL PIANO REVIEW – FEATURES
The Korg B1SP digital piano delivers some of the key features that are among the most important to any pianist. Below, we will go through some of these features to help you make an informed decision.
The B1SP comes with 88-key Natural Weighted Action (NH) keyboard, which imitates the feel and response of a traditional acoustic piano.
The keys of the piano are heavier on the low-end and get lighter as they progress upwards. This is similar to an acoustic piano where each key has been made with its own weight.
This keyboard is also touch-sensitive, which means the sound will be louder and more expressive the harder you hit the keys. The touch response of the keyboard can also be adjusted to suit your playing style.
The piano utilizes the KORG’s servo-assisted MFB (Motion Feedback) technology to achieve the realistic, rich tones of an acoustic piano.
Although there are no strings, vibraphone or bass offered, you’ll find eight other great instrument sounds to work and play around with.
The B1SP comes equipped with two 10 cm x 5 cm speakers featuring 18W power output. With the aid of the MFB system controlling the speakers’ cone movements, the speakers give out a clear and rich sound.
B1SP features 120-note polyphony, great for playing complex pieces with quick note repetition without worrying about dropped notes.
This piano does not offer slit or dual mode, however, it features partner mode, also known as duet mode.
The Partner Mode basically splits the keyboard into two similar sections with same pitch range to enable side-by-side practice. Ideal for a teacher-student situation.
This feature provides a beat to play at regular intervals.
Practicing with a metronome will improve your timing as well as hhelp you stick to a tempo.
There is a 1/8” headphone jack that could also double up as a Line Out. A ¼” sustain pedal jack that is used to connect to the provided sustain pedal or a 3-pedal unit that can be bought separately.
Unfortunately, the B1SP cannot be connected to the computer or other smart devices since it does not support USB or Bluetooth.
A compact digital piano will not clutter your space. You will also find that the piano is quite light and can be easily transported to and from gigs if needed.
The headphones jack comes in handy when you want to practice in silence without getting distracted or distracting others.
- The piano is light and compact for portability
- Provides 88-fully weighted NH keyboard
- Speakers operate with the motion feedback technology
- Comes with a good quality sustain pedal
- Has a 120-note polyphony
- Does not support USB or Bluetooth connectivity
- Provides very few sounds
- Does not have recording and playback features
- Comes with very few features
Is Korg B1SP The Right Digital Piano For you?
The Korg B1SP is quite simple and offers the most basic features of a digital piano. This could be just enough for some but for others, it won’t cut it.
It is a great instrument for beginners, students as well as intermediate players. It does not have a lot of fuss or frills that could be destructive or not useful to a beginner. So what do you think is the Korg B1SP the right digital piano for you according to our review or not?