This Nord piano 3 review will better illustrate just how brilliant this digital piano is in comparison to others in its range. This instrument is of very high quality and could arguably be one of the best digital pianos at present.
Let us take a closer look in its specifications and features.
“Take a look at other great digital pianos in the market and their comparisons here: Best Digital Pianos”
NORD PIANO 3 88-KEY STAGE PIANO SPECIFICATIONS
- 88-note Triple Sensor keyboard with improved grand weighted action
- Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology for greatly improved key response
- OLED-display for better overview
- 1 GB memory for Nord Piano Library
- 256 MB for Nord Sample Library
- Layer and split-functionality
- Nord Triple Pedal
- Dedicated Sample Synth section with Attack, Decay/Release and dynamic controls
- 4 Dynamic Curves
- Dynamic Pedal Noise with Nord Triple Pedal
- Advanced String Resonance (Gen 2)
- Soft Release
- Effects in Stereo
- Tube overdrive simulation
- Vibe effect
- Separate Reverb/Delay effects
- Tremolo, Pan, Ring-Mod and Wah-wah can be controlled with Control Pedal
- 2 Audio outputs L & R – ¼”, 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Piano pedal input – ¼”, 6,35 mm jack. Use the included Nord Triple Pedal or a momentary pedal, like Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25
- 1 Volume Pedal input – ¼”, 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Control/Expression pedal like Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5
- MIDI In, MIDI Out – 5 pin DIN connectors
- 1 Headphone output – ¼”, 6,35 mm stereo jack
- USB – type B connector – for transferring sounds and USB-MIDI
- IEC C14 power connector
- 1 Monitor input – 1/8″, 3,5 mm stereo jack
- Nord Piano 2 Connections
- Nord Piano 3: 1287 mm (50.7″), 121 mm (4.8″), 340 mm (13.4″)
- Pedal: 264 mm (10.4″), 224 mm (8.8″), 70 mm (2.8″)
- Nord Piano 3: 18,2 kg (40.3 lbs)
- Pedal: 2 kg (4.4 lbs)
- Nord Triple Pedal
- User Manual
- Power cord
- Nord Piano Library v5 DVD-ROM
- Sample Library 2.0 DVD-ROM
NORD PIANO 3 REVIEW – FEATURES
Let us look at the key features that come with the Nord Piano 3 below.
The Nord Piano 3 uses the new Triple Sensor keybed technology. Despite not having an actual hammer action application to its keys, this piano gives tremendous nuance and depth.
This Triple Sensor keybed allows the key movements to be determined with great precision. This ultimately results in dynamic playing with amazing control at any level of velocity.
The sounds of this digital piano are top notch. These are carefully selected exclusive sounds from the Nord Piano library that have specific character to them. The expanding Nord Piano Library is full of uniquely sampled acoustic and electric instruments. Additionally, the sounds are full and varied with its factory bank featuring Harpsichords, 5 Upright Pianos, 6 Grand Pianos, Clavinet and 11 Electric Pianos.
Also, you can get other different downloadable piano sounds from the Nord website.
The Sample Synth section has 256 MB memory that holds the Nord Sample Library 2.0 – Nord’s essential selection of high quality sampled sounds. These come from a wide range of genres that includes exclusively licensed sounds of the Mellotron and Chamberlin.
There is also an included software, the Nord Sample Editor which you can use to create your own sample instruments. The software can also assist you in looping and mapping the sounds you create.
The Nord Piano 3 come with an improved crystal clear OLED display, as opposed to the conventional LED display. This gives a great overview when selecting and editing Sounds, Effects and Programs especially when on stage. The new Organize function also allows you to easily rearrange the order of Programs, Pianos and Samples.
On the rear panel, there is an Audio output from a single stereo pair of quarter-inch sockets as well as a quarter-inch stereo headphones socket.
Next, there is a 3.5mm input provided for accompaniment purposes. However, audio presented to this is only directed to the headphones output.
You will also find two pedal inputs, one for sustain (damper) and one for the expression pedal that also controls the volume or variable parameters in the Effects 1 section.
Additionally, there is also MIDI connectivity provision via five-pin MIDI in and out sockets and a USB interface. The latter supports data transfer for OS updates, loading and backing them up from the sample libraries. The MIDI streams are simultaneously sent and received from both interfaces.
- Excellent Nord Virtual Hammer Technology keyboard
- Works great with other synths and laptops
- It is portable
- Amazing onboard effects
- Comes with an OLED screen display
- Provides a huge selection of library voices
- Comes with Triple Pedal
- Comes with limited ports for connectivity
- It is quite costly
- Does not come with pitchbend or mod wheel for controller functions
- Has few automated tools
From the Nord Piano 3 review, we can see that this piano is a high quality and robust instrument that offers dynamic piano sounds.
This piano can be quite pricy for a beginner, but if this isn’t an issue, it’s a great instrument to grow with, musically.
That said, this would be a good fit for the travelling pianist or musician.
What do you think about this amazing digital piano?
Leave a comment in the below comment section.