This Roland F-140R digital piano review will give you an in-depth look at how this Digital Piano works to help you better determine if it is the right fit for you.
This is a compact instrument with leading technology to give you an outstanding sound performance. It also comes with a sleek design that will blend in well into any environment. Let us have a closer look at what this instrument is made of.
“Browse through other great digital pianos in our Best Digital Pianos Review”
ROLAND F-140R DIGITAL PIANO SPECIFICATIONS
- 88 keys (PHA-4 Standard Keyboard: with Escapement and Ivory Feel)
- Key Touch: 5 types, fixed touch
- Piano Sound – SuperNATURAL Piano Sound
- 128 note polyphony
- Damper (capable of continuous detection)
- Soft (capable of continuous detection)
- Sostenuto (function assignable
- Conforms to GM2, GS, XGlite
- Grand Piano: 11 tones
- Other: 305 tones (including 8 drum sets, 1 SFX set)
- Key Transpose: -6 – +5 (in semitones)
- All Songs Play
- Song Balance
- Quarter note = 10 – 500 (When rhythm function turns on: Quarter note = 20 – 250)
- 120 ticks per quarter note
- 72 types x 2 variations
- File Format: Audio File (WAV 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format)
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0)
- Songs – Max. 10 songs
- USB Flash Memory
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0, 1)
- Audio File (WAV, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format)
- Save Song – Standard MIDI Files (Format 0)
- MIDI, Turning music sheet: Bluetooth Ver 4.0
- 7 segments x 3 LED
- Panel Lock
- Auto Off
- DC In jack
- Input jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- Output jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB Type B
- USB MEMORY port: USB Type A
- Phones jacks x 2: Stereo miniature phone type, Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
Rated Power Output
- 12 W x 2
- 12 cm (4-3/4 inches) x 2
- Headphones 3D Ambiance
- Owner’s manual
- Assembly manual
- AC Adapter
Size and Weight (including piano stand, with the lid closed, stabilizers mounted)
- Width 53-5/8 x Depth 13-5/8 x Height 30-11/16 inches
- Weight 34.5 kg
ROLAND F-140R DIGITAL PIANO REVIEW – FEATURES
Let us take you through some of the important features that come with the Roland F-140R below.
Roland F-140R uses Roland’s famous and unique SuperNATURAL technology, which makes playability and the sound more expressive and authentic. Just like an acoustic piano, SuperNATURAL helps capture different kinds of tones from the very soft and quiet, to strong and loud.
This sound engine uniquely combines with the piano’s 128-note polyphony to create natural overtones and harmonics similar to the acoustic piano.
The piano comes with 11 different grand piano sounds and has 305 other types of sound styles with on-board effects. Additionally, there are 72 different rhythms to expand the sound authenticity.
The Roland F-140R’s keyboard also comes with the standard Progressive Hammer Action (PHA-4).
This key action has a fluid key movement and very realistic graded weighting which is from the low to high keys. The keys come in a smooth plastic composite with an ivory feel that gives the keyboard an attractive look.
The piano has a bright LED display screen. This confirms information on the piano’s various sounds and features to help you know what sound or function is in use.
Recording and Playback
Recording and playback of songs with the Roland F-140R are great as they offer both audio WAV file playback as well as MIDI recording and playback. The MIDI recording function is good for practice and educational purposes.
With MIDI recording, you can only record and playback 1-track, which you then save onto a USB inserted. In addition, there are plenty of MIDI playback songs available on the internet to buy and download for learning purposes.
Roland has integrated this piano with a new 3D Headphones feature. This interesting feature gives you the impression of the piano sound coming from different directions as opposed to coming directly into your ears. Roland calls it “an immersive sound experience”.
The good thing about this 3D sound effect is that it can also be adjusted or turned off completely depending on how you want it.
This is a feature that players who often use the headphones will find useful.
Roland F-140R enables Bluetooth MIDI connectivity with Apple devices. This allows you to connect wireless with specific apps that allow Bluetooth connectivity.
Bluetooth connectivity also allows automatic digital sheet page turning. To do this, you need to attach the non-damper pedal to a specific sheet music app. An easy and interesting feature to use with an iPad.
Additionally, the USB output and a USB flash drive input will allow the player to record performances directly to a flash drive.
- Has a SuperNATURAL sound engine
- Comes with an easy to use LED display
- Provides a 3D Headphone experience
- Allows Bluetooth connectivity
- The intelligent built-in rhythm section
- Progressive Hammer Action keyboard
- Comes with only 1-track recorder
- There are few buttons for sound color
The Roland F-140R is a great and compact digital piano, easy to carry to any place and fits well in tight spaces. This piano comes with an array of features such as superNATURAL technology, high definition PHA-4 keyboard, and Bluetooth connectivity. This is why it is a great digital piano for students and practicing pianists alike.
We hope that this in-depth Roland F-140R digital piano review helps you make an informed decision in your quest for a great digital piano.
Share your thoughts and experiences in the comment section.